Saturday 30 January 2010

Simultaneous Snow and Spring


On the way home from school yesterday I drove under a grey cannonball that came rolling heavily down from Carnmoney Hill. As it crushed all the light from around the car I realised that I had driven into a horizontal snowstorm. Most dramatic!

I share this to justify the fact that at 10pm, when three strawberries came crunching through the moonlit snow from Prince Charming's gig last night, it didn't seem at all unreasonable to be sledging in the garden for half a moonlit hour! They'll only be five and six for a little while, and it wasn't a school night, and I know you'll not tell my health visitor!


Thus it has been that Jojo has slept all afternoon. Mattman was taken earlier to a birthday party, so the house turned out to be most strangely quiet. I did wonder aloud that in years to come all Saturdays could be like this. PC was obviously struck, and instantly reached for the first baby ever born into this house. I too found things to do...

Not including this....

ps Prince Charming points out that his Lowden is nicer than the one shown here- his has gold tuning knobs...

2 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Night-time sledging sounds perfect :)

Kids will remember things like that for a long time.

Vicki xxx

Catherine said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Wasn't the sky before that snow amazing?! Quite frightening!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...