Monday 5 July 2010

Measure twice?

It might be that an impending departure on holiday was the impetus, or that I have had absolutely no ideas whatsoever for a blog post, so mundane have been the holidays so far. I have however finally made a start on the five curtains for Poppy's playhouse.

She will be eight while we are away. Last year we went to the Disney Store and bought a High School Musical outfit that they wrapped up with magic pixie dust. This year will not compare!

I did measure more than twice, and have so far cut once. The material I love; it's Ikea's Vitaminer Hjarta and the background is actually white. The light in here is just mellow and quiet. Just like the house with sleeping strawberries- hope yours is too!

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

Curtain making! Hooray for you! I have baby Aria's curtains to finish. I have the equivalent of writer's block but it has to do with sewing. I like to sew, but I can't get myself to do it just now. I even looked at a cool chair today, thinking that a princess chair may make sewing seem more attractive. Where will you go for your holiday and isn't your birthday bash in Belfast coming up here? I sent you a little surprise, my amazing Irish friend!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...