Wednesday 29 September 2010

Julie and Julia

Nedboy confesses himself most "chuffed" at all the wonderful comments, and he promises to make further guest appearances. Me, I haven't dared raise my head since! Instead I have been discovering, light years after the rest of the bloggiste community, the joys of Meryl Streep and Julia Child and the wonderful Julie who makes me weep and laugh and smile at her romantic relationship with her husband!

And the food! And the feel of Paris! And the blogging! I'm loving it in small doses as I curl under a blanket at lunchtime, just before walking down the increasingly leaf-wet hill for Jo. It's a nice way to end September!

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

You are so fun! I love that movie, too! Julia is fantastic with her high heeled shoes and all her warm and happy outlooks on life. Didn't it make you want to cook? Butter!
You're the BEST, Mags!

Elizabethd said...

It's a film I'm longing to see, but we get so few in English here, so will have to save up for the DVD, I think!

Floss said...

I haven't seen it yet either - I'll look out for it when I'm in Scotland next month! Thanks for the positive review.

I'm so late on catching up with your post about advertising. I think the thing you said about making links to local businesses, coffee shops etc is different to the big internet advertisers. I really like to feel that I can support local (French or Edinburgh) commerce, so I put links to their websites when I can. They deserve it. Not sure the big guys do, though!

The Coffee Lady said...

I'm sure the film must be very different from the book, which I have just listened to on audiobook, and I didn't feel happy at all.

I'm glad, for you, that the film is very different from the book.

magsmcc said...

Oh but Coffee lady- now I feel I need to read the book! A friend told me yesterday that she didn't rate the next book at all.

Catherine said...

The film is brilliant but a very idealised view of her relationship! When you read her book, particularly, "cleaving", your view of her could change. Actually....don't read it...just enjoy the film!! Cx

Angela said...

Oh I so loved this film - but was really disappointed by Julie's actual blog. I came out of the cinema with an urge to rush home and chop onions.
Fortunately I resisted the temptation - I always weep buckets when I do.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...