Saturday 4 December 2010

Jis for Joachim and Jesus

I'm now one day late for Alphabe-Thursday again. Oh dear! But this week's J will have to be for Joachim's Advent calendar (see The Christmas Mystery). Elisabet has met the angel Ephiriel and now knows that her race across countries is also taking her back through time.

Elisabet had stopped crying. 'To Bethlehem?'

'Yes. To Bethlehem, to Bethlehem! For that's where Jesus was born.'

Elisabet was very surprised by what the angel had said. In an attempt to hide her astonishment she began to brush soil and grass off her trousers. There were some nasty stains on her red jacket too.

'Then I want to go to Bethlehem,' she said.

6 comments:

Judie said...

Your words have drawn me in. I will be back for more of this story!

Floss said...

OK, now I am fascinated. I'm off to Amazon to investigate...

Pom Pom said...

Hi Mags! Come over and see Millie! She's a precious pink angel!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I am even later than you in "turning in" a "J" post :o) We had been away to spend time with my dad and since he does not have a computer, I did not do any blogging while we were there.
What a great idea to read one chapter every day until Christmas day. Thanks for sharing this book.

Blessings & Aloha!
Please do stop by if you have a moment and take a peek at my late entry post.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I wish my Advent calendar would take us back through time. How wonderful to go to Bethlehem! I want to go, too.

xofrances

Jenny said...

This is fascinating.

What a peaceful and provocative stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "J".

Thank you for linking.

A+

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...