Thursday 3 March 2011

Uninvited and Unconnected

Since it was the impossible letter U for alphabe-Thursday this week (I know. Late again.), and since I missed last week's T with all its lovely, easy, delightful tea connotations, I decided to share my all time favourite song ever which I thought was this.



But when I got to Youtube and knew that Uninvited by Alanis Morissette could not actually be my all time favourite song ever because my song was by Goo Goo Dolls I then remembered that Iris is in fact my all time fse but it doesn't begin with U. But anyway, this is my all time favourite song ever.


I once used it in a talk for yoof where I linked the song to the person of Mary Magdalene. I'm sure the two seemed as Unconnected to them then as it does to you now. I only vaguely remember what the talk was supposed to be about.

Unfortunately Giant's Ring doesn't begin with U either, but I hereby promise to get back to all you budding and qualified archaelogists as soon as possible. Hmm, a nice solo visit to the museum next week, methinks...

(And it's no coincidence that both songs come from the City of Angels soundtrack!)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I like Alanis Morissette and Goo-goo dolls Iris is a good song . Thanks for sharing this week .

Pom Pom said...

I might have to watch City of Angels tomorrow. I liked it the first five times.

magsmcc said...

Laughing laughing, Pom Pom- I'm pretty much in the same boat, and wouldn't like to say how many times I listened to Iris last night!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

true,

when I start a movie, I simply forget abut anything else.

lovely take on u.

Jenny said...

I think I need to rent that movie.

I loved it and haven't seen it in so long...and honestly, I think I was so mesmerized by the movie that I paid little attention to the sound track!

Thanks for a fun stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter 'U".

I enjoyed this.

A+

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...