Friday 1 July 2011

Bean Birthday

The last things I made for 30 days of making were three little felt brooches to take with me to the Coffee Bean Deli yesterday. I have a group of three truly fabulous friends who are there most days, and I try to be there once a week, because life is definitely better when I do! We loosely describe ourselves as Bean Craftin' because sometimes we bring out our projects.... Mostly I drink green tea and admire their projects!

When the relevant time comes along we celebrate Bean Birthdays, with bunting, cake and present tailored to the individual Beanie. Thursday was for moi! My birthday is not quite yet, but the absence of in-school strawberries makes for a more relaxing time!

Cupcakes everywhere. Red velvet ones, and excellently good ones at that. Apparently the ingredients were a compilation of various recipes but the technique is all Jamie Oliver, from the summer magazine. Queen Niqi in charge on that one, so obviously very high standard achieved! Thank you to all!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Twas a lovely morning! Glad you enjoyed it! An early happy Birthday! Cx

Angela said...

oh splendiferous cakes. I wish I had been there [oh hang on, I am on a diet...] well anyway, with you in spirit for the celebratory aspect of it all if not the calorific values!!

Elderberry-Rob said...

How fabulous I would love to have a coffee and cake fest like this, Hope it got your birthday off to a good start.

quilterliz said...

G'day. Your meeting with friends at the deli sounds a wonderful way to catch up. I love the felt brooches, they are so cute. Take care. Liz...

Pamela said...

So enjoying my visit on your darling blog. I so want to live where you live and maybe someday I will. Until then I will visit you for my fix. The apple cozies just make me smile.

Blessings,
Pamela

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...