Saturday 5 November 2011

Friday Cake Bake

When I got in from work at 10.10pm on Thursday night PC had made two apple crumbles and the aroma on coming through the front door was very ood. (That's good really.) I am quite sure that they qualify as Friday Cake Bakes since it would have been breakfast time in Australia.

We're having a very quiet and mellow weekend here in the suburbs of Belfast, during which I have given in and started my Christmas shopping. One drive across the City required, and the traffic was strangely busy.

Today PC and Mattman cycled up and round and down through our local wood, while Jo and I continued the leaf raking process. It's good to keep energetic young men gainfully employed, I am discovering.

We're cosily ensconced this evening, with candles lit and a warming curry on the hob.

And no doubt we'll do the usual round of Sunday things tomorrow, with school back after the half-term break on Monday. All very homely and ordinary.

The soft voice of the radio weather lady said earlier that tonight will be cold, but with star-filled skies. Well, that will be nice for Belfast!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic curry and your weekend sounds great.

Sft x

Elizabethd said...

Lovely to come in to the smell of good food!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Do you know Blanche and Winston Graham? I bet you don't, but since they are the only other people I know in Belfast, I thought I should ask.

Enjoy your star-filled skies, my dear!

xofrances

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...