Sunday 11 December 2011

Third Sunday in Advent: Joy

I am pooped. I am a candle burnt down to its very wick!

Far too much joy about the Land today- much mulling, eating, laughing and apparently lots of sharing too!

I'm sure there were many moments, probably in the dark and cold of the night, when it didn't feel very joyful on that first journey down to Bethlehem. Tired and weary not conducive to joy. I remember being too preoccupied to be conscious of joy on my labour dash to have Jo, and I wasn't on the back of a donkey. Thankfully, this hope, this peace, this joy, this love doesn't depend on how I feel. Tired and happy, tired and weary, tired but looking forward to the coming time. Gaudete, gaudete, Christus est natus; ex Maria, virgine, gaudete!

10 comments:

Angela said...

I love the joy cake. And my word verification for this comment really is BLESS, which makes me so happy

blessings and joy on you, PC and the suns xx

GretchenJoanna said...

Mags, your take on joy is so contrary to what most people think -- isn't joy a feeling, they might say, and if so, how can it not depend on how you *feel*?
You made me think twice about it, and ask, well, what IS joy, then? It is the reality of Christ.

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I hope you can rest in the next few days, friend.

Elderberry-Rob said...

JOY - Jesus, Others, Yourself is something I learned in a school as a child, it had no meaning until I became an adult. Hope you can rest a bit after all that hard work - lovely to see a picture of you. Bettyx

Floss said...

Can I sing along with you? (Assuming your Latin is the song version I know...)

Yes, I had a weird weekend of mixed loveliness and horridness (celebrations, worship, birthdays, missed appointments and lost keys). I am not exhausted like you but there were moments when I had to remind myself that my joy didn't depend on current circumstances. So thanks for this post and I hope and pray you get some rest to go with your joy, now!

Fat Dormouse said...

Wishing you and your loved ones a joyful and blessed Christmas and a peaceful new year. God bless.

I've enjoyed reading your Pauses, and look forward to reading ore of your blog through the next year.

Anonymous said...

Joy indeed! We've been full of it and anticipation and Christmas approaches.

Jayne said...

Lovely pictures, you have been very busy! Time to chill out I'm thinking.

Farm Girl said...

Thank you for coming by today. I loved that your son was born at Christmas and you put him in the manger and he fell asleep. Such a sweet thought.

The dB family said...

I hope you're feeling more un-pooped now :o). This time of year I often picture Mary riding on a donkey, very pregnant and afraid. Having a December baby, put it into a little more perspective for me somehow.

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...