Saturday 24 November 2012

Four course hospitality

We're just in from chez Marie-Eve and Isaac. I can highly recommend befriending interesting people in the post office. Especially if they are Quebecers who like to cook. But don't call them French Canadians. That would appear to be a bit of a sore point. More similiarities with us Frozen North folk than I might have imagined!

As a general rule I can highly recommend hospitality in whatever form as a sign of the Kingdom.  When you're a sort of worker cum sort of stay aroundish mum cum former very involved in stuff person, it's a nice way of still feeling connected. Unlike texting, which we have all decided tonight to be too impersonal. But then that could be the gluttony talking. You don't get a four course meal in a text!

3 comments:

M.K. said...

Glad you found some new buddies! "When you're a sort of worker cum sort of stay aroundish mum cum former very involved in stuff person, it's a nice way of still feeling connected" -- how is it that you and I seem to be in the same woodland-drifting part of life right now? I know exactly what you mean. I'm not really alarmed, but I feel rather like a little boat that someone forgot to tie securely to the dock, and sometime recently the rope slipped, and I drifted out. Not far. Just out. I think I liked your woods metaphor better.

Angela said...

But what did you EAT???
you can't just talk about 'hospitality' without saying something about the food!!!!

and yes, there is something truly heavenly about breaking bread together.

weekend blessings xx

Pom Pom said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all! Yay!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...