Saturday 17 November 2012

Making another Roman blind

Dear Rev. Jane,

Thank you so much for inviting us all to spend the weekend with you in your new manse. It is unfortunate that Prince Charming has had to stay home tonight with the strawberries so that they can get to rugby in the morning and then a birthday party too. Sure, they will be down later tomorrow.

I hope you'll not be too disappointed that it's just the two of us until then. That was certainly a very lovely meal in that very lovely restaurant with a pleasingly French name. Very relaxed and unhurried indeed...

I think we're making good progress on your Roman blind. At least we're on to the cutting of the lining now. Lots of time for sewing and cording before PC arrives with the saw and the drill. I must remember to text him about bringing his saw and his drill.

I can't believe I'm visiting you in your first full charge. It seems so little time ago that we met for coffee and you told me about your call and we both despaired. "What will you do?" I asked. "I don't know," you said. But here you are, a woman in what is still a man's world.  Here you are, wise and gentle and full of Him.

Now, maybe it's time for a wee cup of tea before the lining...

3 comments:

Mise said...

A timely post, as I am needing a lined Roman Blind for my manse too. I hope it isn't too presumptuous of me to call it a manse when it isn't a manse. I would like to congratulate Reverend Jane on her genuine manse.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh my...a meal that's unhurried and very relaxed? Sounds like heaven!

Angela said...

Surely Rev Jane would have an Episcopalian Blind, not a Roman one??

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...